As a mom, sometimes even the best laid plans go to the wayside. In order to try and combat the feeling of doing everything and getting nothing done, I’ve created a 21 day challenge to keep myself on track, and I want to take you along for the ride!
The premise of make it happen Monday is simple, today starts a 21 day challenge to finish a daily to-do list every day. This sounds simple but there is rarely a day where I actually get everything done, and as anyone who knows me can attest, time management is far from my expertise. The idea of this 21 day challenge is to get a handle on time management, and learn how to prioritize my task list, while being flexible and getting stuff done.
Feel like this is a challenge you’re up to? Here are the rules below!
1. Make a reasonable daily to do list of things that absolutely have to get done that day. Maintain all the lists in the same place for the 21 days.
2. Set a reasonable time hack for each item. (Have the dishes done and out away by 8pm, clean the bathroom during naptime, etc.)
3. Keep the distractions to a minimum. (Misplacing my phone improved productivity ten fold.)
4. Mark off on your list when you accomplish something!
5. At the end of your day before bed reflect on your list and how you managed it. Didn’t get everything done? Think about how you can tackle the issue, was it time management? Are you doing too much? One of the biggest parts about this challenge is also becoming mindful of how we use time, but also how we handle responsibility, and knowing when to ask for help.
So let’s get ready to make it happen! Follow my for my daily list, and stay tuned for a round up when the challenge is all done!