Hello internet! It’s been a few weeks since we last met and it’s been a wild one. I’m hoping everyone enjoyed the holidays, we got to spend a lot of time with family and friends and are continually blessed with just how many amazing people there are in our lives.
Now down to business, 2018 was a force to say the least, there was a lot of good, a decent amount of not so good, but this upcoming year will most certainly be a good one.
While setting my goals for the year a few things stuck out, mainly self care, but also a desire to become a more involved parent. Don’t let the blog fool you, I like to sit and zone out on the phone while little man plays by himself a lot more than I lead on. This year I’m taking a step back from social media, keeping the good ol’ Instagram and pinterest, but other than that I’m trying to become more present. I’ve started a new play routine involving toy rotations which seems to be working pretty well and am taking a more hands on approach to limiting screen time and reading more before bed. I’m sure you could listen to me talk about my faults as a parent all day, but on to the resolutions.
1. Eat less meat. I was a vegetarian until right before I met my husband, but the environmental impacts of meat consumption really swayed me to jump back on the vegetarian train.
2. Drink more water. I’ve been running with this resolution since I was 12, but I’m on day five of hitting my 64 ounce goal, so maybe it will stick?
3. Financial Fitness. This one is vague but mainly pertains to taking a look at my finances and seeing where I can save more or spend less, attempting to tackle loans ahead of schedule and boosting the credit score a bit. I’m going on year 24 and eventually would like to purchase a home, and what better time to start working on that goal than right now.
4. Work Out 5x a Week. This will be my hardest goal to accomplish because I’m the laziest of humans, but physical health is important so I just have to do it.
5. Be Present. As a parent it can be easy to check out at the end of a long day, but time goes by so fast and before I know it little dude will be fully grown and won’t be tugging at my leg as I try to cook. I’m working on being present, playing when he wants to play, providing more cuddles, and making sure the chaos of life doesn’t get in the way of spending time with my favorite tiny human.
Well there are my new year’s resolutions, what are some of yours? Does anyone actually enjoy drinking water? If you do what’s your secret?!